Narcissus' Echo

Thoughts, tears, rants, ruminations, hopes, fears, love(s), and prayers of just another being passing through this wracked sphere...

My Photo
Name:

A round peg in a world of square holes...

Tuesday, May 17, 2005

tired



I'm tired, tired, tired, tired, tired. Coffee isn't helping. Laundry needs to be done, but hasn't. More deadlines. With raccoon eyes, I look a wreck today. Tired, tired, tired.

While parsing through blogs, I discovered this little bit of interesting trivia:
A 21-year-old undergraduate from Kent State took on Microsoft and won . Now isn't that heartwarming? (I can't remember whose blog I took this link from. Just remind me in the comments section and I will give you due credit. Thanks!)

It makes me feel about as good as a one-man business operating in the garage taking on Monster Cable and winning (with a little help from the audiophile community).

For the uninitiated, Monster Cable holds the copyright to ANYTHING in the commercial world with the word, "Monster." Yes, that's right. If Tampax were to sell something called, "Monster Tampon," tomorrow, it would get sued by Monster Cable. Don't believe me? Scroll to the bottom of the job site, monster.com What do you see? "For patrons of Monster Cable " That was part of the undisclosed settlement with Monster Cable. Remember "Monsters, Inc."? Disney got sued and they paid up as well. "Monster Ball" with Halle Berry? Yep, they got sued too. Here's a list of lawsuits in which Monster Cable is either the plaintiff or the defendant.

Aside from the warm, fuzzy feeling one gets when the underdog wins, I enjoy such stories because it gives a boost to the belief (however idealistic) that some things are worth fighting for--and sometimes, just sometimes, one might just win. (Note: this does not apply in a certain city-island-state-Disneyland-with-a-death-penalty-and-invitations-to-tea.)

Enjoy the pictures.
With snowpack in the Sierras being at 180%, coupled with the unusually warm Spring, we get these:



Another look:




The last time I seen something like that was the aftermath of the El Nino many, many years ago. Don't bother rushing there. Much of Yosemite valley is flooded and the roads to the park are closed.

4 Comments:

Blogger daftbitch said...

what i REALLY really ReAlLy REALLY really rEaLLy wanna know is ... have u gone on your date yet???
Not the scenery...

that's it... i'm shallow ....

9:29 PM  
Blogger -ben said...

Well, the outing this weekend is a "group' affair. Still, I really want to go. (I really miss her). Any reason to see her. But I have so much work to do. I can't pull anymore all nighters. I am already feeling really run down by all these deadlines...

You can stop laughing now, Eve. Yes, I can get all wobbly-kneed over the object of my affection too. (I am not all bombast and sloppy clothes, you know? *wink*)

10:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

it was nice running into you at the cafe yesterday, ben... Are you going to be around in summer?

10:21 AM  
Blogger -ben said...

Hi Cheryl,

Fancy seeing you here. I am not sure at this moment. Everything is in flux. Lets do coffee sometime?

1:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home