Narcissus' Echo

Thoughts, tears, rants, ruminations, hopes, fears, love(s), and prayers of just another being passing through this wracked sphere...

My Photo
Name:

A round peg in a world of square holes...

Thursday, May 12, 2005

Too funny and too true!

So I found myself browsing the Rants and Rave section of Craig's List just before bed and chanced upon this :

Go to hell, Microsoft spell check dictionary!

Reply to: anon-72935457@craigslist.org
Date: 2005-05-12, 12:58AM PDT


You are hereby estopped from underlining my words with squiggly red lines. The foreseeability of your warrantless flagging is absolutely tortious, you tryptophan-induced twit!

Your vocabulary is worse than that of a FOB exchange student from Zimbabwe.

Your job is to check my spelling. That would suggest that you know how to spell more words that I do. But you don't. And 10 times out of 10, the red underlined word is proudly listed at dictionary.com.

But you have no clue what estoppel is. Or pendency. Or declarant. Or decisis. The Supreme Court wants to keep the cops from hanging out in my curtilage, but you'd rather underline it.

And you insist on flagging acronyms, even though I told you to ignore all CAPS since you never know them anyway. CODIS knows my fingerprints, and you think you've caught me red handed.

Well, you haven't.

But dammit, Office (when paid for) is something like $400. Take a small part of this and license a fucking dictionary that has more words than a 4th grade spelling book!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home