Narcissus' Echo

Thoughts, tears, rants, ruminations, hopes, fears, love(s), and prayers of just another being passing through this wracked sphere...

My Photo
Name:

A round peg in a world of square holes...

Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Bah! Humbug!



All this recent talk about the supposed pain of a Brazilian wax . Oh, "it hurts like nothing you can imagine..." Blah blah blah...

Tell you what, I will go for the full works of the male version (nuts included), and you go through what I went through, ok?

Now, imagine an 18 gauge needle, being inserted UNDER your patella (kneecap) to inject cortisone.

Here are some file pictures to give you an approximate idea of the procedure:




Most of the needle is hidden (the goal is to inject the cortisone UNDER the kneecap, remember?)




More information on this link .

Mind you, I had this procedure performed on both knees, one after the other.

Now, what was that about Brazilian waxes hurting "like nothing you can imagine" again?

My offer still stands. Care to trade places?
Besides, summer's almost here, and, with my trunks, I do not want to look like a Wookie down there...

Anyone for tennis?

6 Comments:

Blogger daftbitch said...

Pls don't tell me you're a speedo worshipper... i'll cringe & then puke & then faint & then probably wake up hyperventilating.....

hahah Ben, you're a fugging HIMBO

8:52 AM  
Blogger takchek said...

Stanford student eh? Nice campus.

5:17 PM  
Blogger daftbitch said...

it's not Stanford lor...

Stanford's not the only school out in California that has nice greenery....

9:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

considering that I never imagined having a needle stuck under my knee... yes. :-)

however, upon being enlightened by your rather graphic photos and link, i do stand corrected.

your procedure hurts more.

you win.

eek.

10:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"unknown" ?? ... i could've sworn I keyed in my name in the proper fields.. oh well...

10:26 PM  
Blogger -ben said...

Hi faith-t,

Thank you for your comments (your handle does show up when I clicked "Post a Comment."

Yes, it hurts. You and the doctor (you through your nerve endings, and the doctor through the 18 gauge needle) is supposed to feel a "pop" as the needle breaks through the correct space. Then he will pull on the plunger for about 1 cm. If the fluid is clear, he is in the right spot. If it is blood, he screwed up. Time for time get help from his superiors. Ugh.

You know what the kicker is?

The procedure did not work for me.
Now about that male bikini wax again... *grin*

10:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home