Narcissus' Echo

Thoughts, tears, rants, ruminations, hopes, fears, love(s), and prayers of just another being passing through this wracked sphere...

My Photo
Name:

A round peg in a world of square holes...

Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Giving it up for someone



In a poem by the Chinese-American translingual writer, Ha Jin, titled, To Ah Shu, a line queries, "How can we tell sacrifice from suicide?"

To which my answer is: I can't, so I won't.
There may be people who will trade their kingdom for a pearl, but how can I be sure you are the real thing--and will stay the real thing? Forgive me for being blasphemous, babe, but, pretty and desirable as you are, you are not the Resurrection. Find someone else to martyr himself for you. I never found necrophilia appealing anyway.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey (: at least you've found somewhere that you're happy at now, yes? (and the weather in singapore is hell. i couldn't agree more.) all the best (:

6:18 AM  
Blogger -ben said...

Too true. Thank you, siew ;-)
Yes, the weather in Singapore is really muggy ;-P
Take care now. -ben

9:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home