Narcissus' Echo

Thoughts, tears, rants, ruminations, hopes, fears, love(s), and prayers of just another being passing through this wracked sphere...

My Photo
Name:

A round peg in a world of square holes...

Thursday, July 14, 2005

something different



My throat's rather dry.

As I couldn't make the 12 noon mass today at the campus church, the Mission Santa Clara de Asís, I went for the 5:30 PM evening service at St. Claire's Parish, located just 1/8th of a mile (200m) west, across Lafayette. Showed up at 4:55 PM and found out that this particular service will be held in the Upper Church (the building is divided into Upper and Lower sections). At 5 PM, the lector immediately launched into leading the congregation in an uninterrupted sequence of "Hail Mary," which lasted for a full half hour before the beginning of the mass proper at 5:30 PM. At some point, I actually thought for a moment I was a Buddhist monk in a monastery chanting mantras.

What a trip.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Ben found your blog ...

I am a singapore student studying in US now. Been here for a year, how about you ? Where are you studying at now ?

12:26 AM  
Blogger -ben said...

Hi umm... anonymous,

Nice to meet you. How do you like it here? I have been here for quite a while (did my undergrad here). Lately, I've been doing some work for a few professors... At the moment, homebase is still SCU ;-)

2:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry I dont have a blog to post my name. Got used to the place here now. No choice. How about you? U did yr undergra d already, so u r doing yr grad study at Santa Clara U now? Btw are you here alone or with yr family? Do you miss singapore and your family? Well i do.
Take Care

9:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home