Narcissus' Echo

Thoughts, tears, rants, ruminations, hopes, fears, love(s), and prayers of just another being passing through this wracked sphere...

My Photo
Name:

A round peg in a world of square holes...

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Heaven



As part of a series of preparations for the Triduum, the Mission Church Choir had a 1 hour 45 minute practice session for Holy Thursday tonight. I found myself next to the lead soprano. When she sung the descant in some of the songs (e.g. ubi caritas deus ibi est), it was so beautiful my eyes watered. Imagine yourself singing your part (being a baritone, I was assigned to augment the bass tonight. Ouch!) and having the equivalent of Charlotte Church singing soprano next to you. Except that our lead soprano sounds better: her voice has this "flutey" resonant quality to it. Believe me when I say her voice can make statues weep.

And, oh, she looks like Evey Hammond too.

What a treat.

All right, time to hit the sack--I only had 2 hours of sleep last night.

Sweet dreams.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home