Narcissus' Echo

Thoughts, tears, rants, ruminations, hopes, fears, love(s), and prayers of just another being passing through this wracked sphere...

My Photo
Name:

A round peg in a world of square holes...

Sunday, May 01, 2005

Ah, work!



"Work, work, work!" or so goes the refrain of the song sung by the UnderPants Gnomes in South Park. Looking at the sunny world outside, through angled-blinds, I reminisce and fantasize about mountain biking or hiking here right now:



But work must be done. So there.

Right now, I am using a book, The Oxford Companion to Women's Writings in the United States, as reference in a paper I'm writing. I looked at the bookmark, and realized that I purchased this book in the Summer of 2000 in La Jolla, San Diego, at a Crown Books store not too far from where my best friend/mountain biking buddy lived. How time flies...

It was a strange trip; I completed Dostoevsky's Brothers Karamazov in a week; got to know the beach real well; got introduced to Fat Burger joints; traded books with a cute blonde UC San Diego student (her book, The Hundred Secret Senses, by Amy Tan for my Grendel, by John Gardner); and experienced the nightlife of San Diego.

Back to work...

I miss Point Bonita...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home